Thursday, November 11, 2010

The BIG day is finally here!!

The day I've been waiting on for...oh, only 46 years is here! In just about 6 hours I will hold in my hands something that I've dreamed about my entire life, a children's book with MY illustrations in them! Oh my! I still can't believe it. Probably not until I actually have it in my hands will I really be able too! And even then, I'm not sure it will truly sink in for awhile.

There was a time, not that long ago, that I had given up on that dream ever coming true. I had allowed myself to believe the comments of a few that I would never be able to draw again. Thank God for my sweet, supportive husband! God used Dean and twitter (yes, twitter, silly I know!) to push me back towards my other lifelong dream, that of being an artist.

I just want to thank my dear husband Dean, and God for always believing in me. Without you both this day would have never been =) I love you both, more than words can express.

Leann=)

2 comments:

  1. Well dear friend, we did it! What do you think of the finished product? I think it's absolutely beautiful, which equals your work. What a gifted artist you are! God has blessed me in sending such a talented woman into my life to do this awesome. We are both living our dreams and we have the support of our terrific husbands behind us, but above all, we have God on our sides. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did do it! I hope that our children are paying attention and realize it's never to late to go after a dream, and that sometimes we have to wait on the right timing. Thank you for the compliment. Your writing made it easy. You paint pictures with words! God knew this would happen all along=)Thanks for the opprotunity =)

    ReplyDelete